A full description of University of Utah Employee Benefits is located at http://www.hr.utah.edu/ or see this benefits chart. Questions should be directed to Human Resources at 801.581.7447. Postdoctoral Scholars appointed at 0.75 FTE or greater in the 9205 Postdoctoral Fellow or 9206 Postdoctoral Research Associate are eligible for 15 days per year of vacation that does not accrue and renews on the employee’s anniversary date of hire. Employees in these categories accrue 8 hours per month of sick time that accrues (to a maximum of 1040 hours) until end of employment. Neither vacation nor sick leave is eligible for payout upon termination of employment. Departments are responsible for tracking internally both vacation and sick time.
* Please note: The Postdoc Travel Assistance Program is currently closed to applications. The Program will resume July 1, 2017.
- Postdoc Travel Assistance Program*
- Office of Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action
- Postdoctoral Scholar Definition
- Letter of Appointment Template (.doc)
- Counseling Services (reduced co-pay for staff and faculty)
- Employee Assistance Program Services
- The Center for Teaching and Learning Excellence, which offers many courses promoting effective teaching workshops in addition to resources for creating a teaching statement required for many faculty job applications.