The Postdoctoral Travel Assistance Awards from the Graduate School and the Office of Postdoctoral Affairs is designed to provide postdocs an opportunity to present their research and creative accomplishments to the larger academic community. Postdoctoral research or creative presentations provide practical experience in preparing and giving effective presentations, thereby building broader skills. The opportunity to attend a conference also assists in the development of networking opportunities that may lead to future research, creative and employment opportunities.
HR job codes that are classified as postdoc positions include 9205, 9207, 9208, 9209, 9210, 9211, 9212 & 9213. Each postdoc is only eligible to receive the award one time during their postdoctoral career at the University of Utah.
Travel assistance funds can reimburse airfare, car mileage (in lieu of airfare), ground transportation fares such as shuttle or taxis, lodging, abstract fees and conference registration fees. The assistance will not reimburse meals, per diem, society memberships, or poster preparation fees. Funding is contingent upon the applicant presenting at the meeting.
Requests are considered up to a maximum of $500. Funding is granted on a first come, first served basis until funds are exhausted. Only complete applications will be considered, so please contact the Office of Postdoctoral Affairs with any questions. Complete applications include:
1) A completed online application including the certification of eligibility to receive funding as a U.S. citizen or a citizen of another country who is lawfully present in the U.S.
2) A copy of the abstract or project description submitted for the meeting.
3) A travel estimate for eligible expenses
4) A brief statement about the value of the meeting and presentation to your professional development as well as to the mission of your department or research lab.
5) A copy of the acceptance letter or email showing you have been accepted to present at the conference or meeting needs to be forwarded to the verifications email shown at the end of the application process, or you may forward it to Sabrina Smith at email@example.com. Any applications received that do not have an acceptance confirmation on file will not be processed, this could cause a delay in your application being processed.
For further information, please contact the Office of Postdoctoral Affairs at 801-585-7254 or firstname.lastname@example.org
PLEASE NOTE THAT ANY AWARDS THAT ARE NOT CLAIMED BY THE DEPARTMENT WITHIN 60 DAYS OF TRAVEL WILL BE FORFEITED.
If you have any questions please contact Sabrina Smith at email@example.com or 801-213-2250.