Welcome to the University of Utah Postdoctoral Association
Welcome to the Utah Postdoctoral Association (UPDA)! The UPDA is an independent advocacy organization started by, run by, and operated for the postdocs at the University of Utah. As a postdoc here, you are automatically a member of the UPDA. For more details on who we are and how to get involved, see our About Us and Board Members page.
UPDA Activities, Leadership, and Resources
The UPDA hosts both social and professional development events every month. Check out our Upcoming Events page for full details
Interested in becoming more involved? We are looking for new board members! Join our monthly meetings or with any comments or questions
Check out our extensive list of links and resources, including U of U Essentials and Benefits, Faculty Job Search, and Postdoctoral Fellowships
Call for volunteers
The UPDA is excited to introduce Postdoc Working Committees (PWCs) – small teams actively working towards common goals. As part of a PWC, you can engage with like-minded UPDA Board members and directly impact the postdoctoral experience at the U.
Join our committees:
- The Advocacy Committee represents postdoc needs, including human resources, benefits, salary, and experience issues. Interaction with university administration may be required.
- The Social Committee plans engaging social events and activities for postdocs, fostering connections and organizational skills development.
- The Outreach Committee enhances UPDA visibility and utility to postdocs campus-wide, collaborating with the Communications Committee and board leadership.
- The Communications Team seeks volunteers interested in honing communication skills and updating the postdoctoral community through webmaster or social media coordinator roles.
- The Professional Development Events Committee plans events to benefit postdocs in their professional growth, playing a central role within UPDA.
If you are interested in joining one or more of these committees, or have any questions, please write to us at email@example.com. Join us and make a difference in the Utah postdoc community!
We work closely with the Office of Postdoctoral Affairs (OPA) at the University of Utah, which is an institutional member of the National Postdoctoral Association (NPA). This membership entitles all postdocs at the University of Utah access to NPA resources. Visit OPA and NPA websites to access their resources.